CITIZENS CHURCHSundays | 10 am | 420 5th Street | Annapolis, MD
Cherish the Gospel: It is the gospel of Jesus Christ that saves us and sustains us. The gospel only gets deeper as it is explored, and produces hope and lasting joy. This is why we never get over the gospel; this is why we cherish the gospel.
Cultivate Belonging: Because of sin, we live as wanderers; we desperately desire to belong somewhere. Citizens Church is a family where everyone belongs. We believe Jesus makes us family, and family is where we feel belonging.
Create Roots: We reach the lost and make disciples by making this city our home. We change the city by becoming the obedient, bold, gospel presence within our home, neighborhoods and spheres of influence.
What We Believe
God the Father is holy, and because He is holy, nothing unclean can be in His presence. Therefore, for man to stand in the good Father’s presence, we must be made holy. All efforts to attain perfect holiness on man’s part have failed because we are sinners, unable to keep God’s righteous rules. Yet in love God sent His obedient Son, Jesus, to live perfectly, die in the place of sinners, and resurrect to live forever. For those who by faith receive Jesus’ perfect righteousness, they can enjoy the invitation to and satisfaction found in the presence of God.
Membership in a local church is not a club. It is God’s design to show the world who are citizens of the future kingdom of heaven. The local church is given the authority to affirm the Christian confession of the saints and communally preserve the Christian confession of the saints. At Citizens Church, we responsibly and gladly carry out this world-changing task by cheerfully affirming confessors into our family and lovingly preserving the confession amongst confessors.
1. What are your Sunday services like? Our corporate gathering begins at 10:00a every Sunday. We gather corporately around the gospel, so we sing the gospel, read the gospel, pray the gospel, preach the gospel, and see the gospel (The Lord’s Supper). Our environment is warm and the dress is casual.
2. Do you have Small Groups? Yes, we meet on Wednesday nights. This time is used to do something crucial for us: cultivate belonging. In Small Groups we eat, talk story, study the Word and pray.
3. Do you have kid’s ministry? Yes, we have child care for ages 5 and below. We do this because we encourage all ages to sit under the preaching of the Word and we also encourage families to worship together.
4. Where do you meet? We meet at Eastport Elementary School (420 5th St.) in Annapolis. The parking lot is designated by Citizens Church banners.
5. My question hasn’t been answered, what do I do? You may email us at email@example.com or you can fill out the Connection Form found in the “Connect” window.