A Note regarding our COVID Procedures
We wanted to let you know our plans for gathering. Starting on Sunday, July 5, we will finally gather together for church again at 901 Commerce Road, Annapolis 21401.
Now, to love our neighbors, families, and one another well, we are going to abide by the county guidelines for gathering. This will include:
1. Answering a few questions about how you're feeling at the door
2. Getting your temperature quickly taken
3. Sanitizing your hands with sanitizer; We will provide this for you
4. Wearing a mask while in the building; We will have extra masks in case you forget yours
5. Keeping social distancing as best as possible and (trying) to abstain from hugging and shaking hands
Besides this, there will be some differences in our service. These will include:
1. Individuals or family units sitting together, six feet apart from other individuals or family units.
2. There will be no child care for at least the first few weeks; We will supply all kids with coloring pages, crayons and crafts
3. All will wear masks with exception to the preacher and the worship minister
4. We will be holding a shorter than usual service while these restrictions are in place
5. We have pre-assembled wafer and juice cups for the Lord's Supper
You can rest assured that we will be disinfecting all surfaces before and after the service. We are excited for this new chapter for us as a church family! We will see you Sunday, July 5 at 10am.
Pastors Joey, Aaron and Taylor
Foundational to everything at Citizens Church is the gospel. The gospel is the good news that God has reconciled us to Him by the substitutional and atoning sacrifice of Jesus. It is the reason we gather every Sunday and it is what we carry with us as we depart every Sunday. Our hope is that the gospel overflows from Citizens Church into Annapolis, Anne Arundel County, and beyond, resulting in the advancement of the Kingdom of God and the flourishing our neighbor.
Our Vision | Our Core Beliefs
We exist to declare and display gospel hope in Annapolis and beyond. This requires three ambitions:
We never graduate from the gospel; the gospel saves us from our sin and sustains us in our sojourning.
The church is a family, and family is where you belong. We are committed to cultivating a community of brothers and sisters who share one heavenly Father.
We leverage every opportunity in our spheres of influence to declare and display the gospel.
The eternal triune God reveals Himself to us as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, with distinct personal attributes, but without division of nature, essence, or being.
Man is the special creation of God, made in His own image. Due to his disobedience, man fell from his original innocence and as a result his posterity inherit a nature and an environment inclined toward sin and are transgressors and are under condemnation.
Salvation involves the redemption of the whole man, and is offered freely to all who repent of their sin and trust in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, who by His own blood obtained eternal redemption for the believer.
Written by men, divinely inspired, the Bible is God's revelation of Himself to man; it is a perfect treasure of divine instruction. God is its author, salvation is its end, and it is without error. All Scripture is totally true and trustworthy. All Scripture is a testimony to Christ, who is Himself the focus of divine revelation.
An autonomous local congregation of baptized believers, bound by covenant in the faith and fellowship of the gospel. We observe the ordinances of baptism and the Supper, governed by our Lord’s laws, exercising the gifts, rights, and privileges invested in us by His Word and His Spirit to extend the gospel everywhere.
It is the duty and privilege of every follower of Christ and of every church of the Lord Jesus Christ to endeavor to make disciples of all nations. Therefore, Christians seek constantly to win the lost to Christ by verbal witness undergirded by a Christian lifestyle, and by other methods in harmony with the gospel of Christ.